- Ukraine, as of 2023, is the most recent country to have representation within ESUO, with representatives being elected to ESUO at the 19th General Assembly on 15th November 2023.
- Ukraine synchrotron and free electron laser users are represented by the Ukraine Association of Synchrotron Users, established in a meeting as of 2nd November 2023. There are between 70-80 active Ukraine synchrotron radiation users based at or associated with Ukrainian institutions.
- There is almost an equivalent number of Ukrainian scientists based elsewhere in Europe.
- The current priorities for the community are the participation in the establishment of the Ukrainian beamline at SOLARIS synchrotron in Kracow the “Light for Ukraine” project.
- Supporting of the Ukrainian synchrotron radiation users throughout Europe.
“Light for Ukraine”
Ukraine Association of Synchrotron Users