Supporting a thriving (European) synchrotron and FEL user community with equal opportunities of access and participation for all scientists based solely on the scientific merit of their ideas.
User representation and support:
- Representing interests and needs of all users of synchrotron and FEL facilities in Europe;
- Enabling strategies for equal Trans-national Access by scientists to appropriate synchrotron and FEL facilities;
- Fostering contacts with users in Widening and European neighbor countries, and sharing knowledge and expertise;
- Contributing to gender balance in the user community.
Collaboration, cooperation and lobbying:
- Supporting facilities in creating equal access opportunities for scientists;
- Collaborating with user organisations of other analytical facilities;
- Co-developing actions for advanced techniques and beamlines at SR and FEL facilities.
Establishment of an ESUO advocate network:
- Strengthening cooperation with national synchrotron and FEL user organisations.